The summer comic con season is here and what better time to write a packing list than now? Whether you’re going for a day or the whole weekend, make sure you’ve got the essentials with you:
1. Deodorant & wet wipes– it’s hot at venues, even in the depths of winter. Do yourself (and everyone else) a big favour & keep those pits topped up with deodorant. Also, hand wipes are great for getting those mitts in tip top guest handshaking order.
2. Spare t shirt – you’ll be so glad you did. If you are going to one of the London events, they are hotter than Hades. It’s pretty miserable trying to dry a sweaty t shirt with a hand dryer
3. Money – lots of it! How much did you plan to take with you? Think of a number and double it, it might be enough. This might be your only chance to get a particular autograph, buy that amazing find. There’s also a small creative businesses that are creating superb handmade, one off products that everyone will ask where you got them – do them a favour and support them (those stands are not cheap!)
4. Tickets – Entry tickets, photo shoot tickets, train tickets, tube tickets – buy whatever you can in advance and remember where you put them and don’t forget to take them! Also, if there’s an autograph guest you are desperate to meet, check if you need to get a virtual queue ticket first. Popular guests may only have limited signings, so get in there first.
5. Camera (or camera phone) & spare battery – there’s so many photo opportunities, make the most of them. From awesome cosplayers, to surprise guests (I saw Simon Peg incognito a few years ago, and there’s been lots of other famous people just turn up.)
6. Mobile phone & charger – to drive your friends mad with social media updates of what an amazing time you’re having.
What have I missed?
Any essentials you think are missing? (apart from a change of clothes & wash bag if you’re staying over.)